Here’s 5 good reasons to watch the tournament over the next four days.
1. It’s a very challenging course
The Player’s Championship is held at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. This year's edition is the 36th at the Stadium course. It's known for being hazardous and difficult - most often because of its 17th hole nicknamed the “Island Green”. The 17th is a 137 yards par 3 surrounded by water. Every year, over 100,000 golf balls end up in the surrounding water.
2. Discover the world's best new players
3. The Players Championship is nicknamed golf’s 5th Major
4. Will Jason Day win twice in a row?
5. A weekend full of surprises
- 2016: Jason Day
- 2015: Rickie Fowler
- 2014: Martin Kaymer
- 2013: Tiger Woods
- 2012: Matt Kuchar