A practical guide to the modern day Golf POS
We know running a pro shop ain’t easy. When times get hectic you’ll be thanking yourself for having a solid system in place. Here at Chronogolf we believe that having a modern golf point of sale (POS) equals a smoother operation and happy customers, that’s why we put together this helpful guide to help you understand what needs a good golf POS will satisfy.
Golf has a long and rich tradition that has been important to so many people for centuries. Unfortunately, this long tradition has not always translated into modernization in the pro shop. In fact, many golf courses still use pen a paper to track their daily tee times, and courses who do use computers to manage their operations often find themselves using a buggy, outdated, and expensive tee sheet and golf POS.
Not all Golf POS systems are created equal
There are wide range of options available and the differences between each service are substantial. Some POS systems run on an expensive server stored directly at the golf course, these systems often are only compatible with certain computers, printers, and accounting software. Other golf POS systems have an open application program interface (API) which allows other, best of breed, software to easily connect into the POS and help with marketing, accounting, and other aspects of golf management.
Slowly but surely the golf industry is modernizing
Since the advent of online marketplaces where tee times are bought and sold, and the popularization of tee time management software, technology usage in the golf industry is becoming increasingly important. There are wide range of solutions that exist, such as cloud based golf POS and club management software. To make the best decision, golf managers need to understand what options best suit their needs.
The Chronogolf solution
At Chronogolf we provide the most advanced golf POS and club management software in the golf industry. Our cloud based system runs seamlessly between tee sheet, CRM, POS, inventory, restaurant, and many third party integrations. We believe our system is the best for your course and will improve the efficiency of golf operations while keeping costs low and improving profitability.
Schedule an in person demo today!
Get an in depth look into our innovative golf course management software suite
How a good Golf POS can grow your business
Before we get into all the neat features our POS system offers, lets talk about a few concrete examples we’ve observed from our customers in the past. Having a good POS means that aside just from enjoying a streamlined and efficient system, you can also use your POS to:
Engage in stronger email marketing
Our POS is seamlessly integrated with our customer database, meaning that as you take customer’s emails our database updates automatically and collects this valuable information. Even better, you can make use of our Mailchimp integration which allows your golf course to collect emails and then automatically add them to your email marketing list.
Improve online promotion
By using our Chronogolf marketplace you can promote your golf course online directly from the golf POS. With Chronogolf, promotion in this case can be done either by utilizing our Facbook plugin to share tee times with your Facebook audience, or by promoting discounted tee times on our online marketplace.
Efficiently manage inventory
Does your POS track inventory in real time? Chronogolf not only tracks what products are sold, it also can tell you which product categories are selling well while improving exactness and efficiency of ordering through our simple purchase order system.
Track in depth reporting in real time
These days data is your best friend when trying to understand how to optimize operations, revenue, and inventory. Our golf POS provides powerful reporting that updates in real time meaning that golf manager can now better understand what prices works best for different tee times, which pro shop items and categories sell best, and even what food and beverage menu items are desired most.
Simplify employee management
Track employee hours, sales, and performance in one place using your POS system. Know exactly which employees are best by tracking sales performance numbers recorded directly in the POS. You can even track employee sales by category to know which employee fits best what department.
Use this checklist to make sure you have the best golf POS
Before you start shopping around, you’ll need a good understanding of what different POS systems are offering. Take a look at this check list to better understand the features you are looking for.
Pro Shop POS
- Track hours with easy employee clock in and clock out
- Monitor sales by each employees based on category or item
- Track performance between employees over any time period
- Input purchase orders directly with full vendor information
- Real time inventory management and tracking
- Easy upload of inventory database
Real time reporting
- Generate all important reports in seconds
- Track performance of items, product categories, and department
- Understand year end performance metrics better with detailed monthly and yearly reports
- Easily manage member house accounts
- Integrates seamlessly with the tee sheet through Stripe
- Easily manage payment information directly on the tee sheet
- Receive timely notifications regarding payments
- Compare inventory levels versus the count recorded by the POS
- Use the member profile picture camera to capture photo ID
- Manage employee rights and permissions
- Regular security updates
Purchase order entry
- Easily enter your purchase order using our database of suppliers
- Little to no data entry, just enter the pertinent information
Promote tee times on the Chronogolf marketplace
- Use POS data to understand underselling tee times
- Easily promote discounted tee times on the Chronogolf and TeeOff marketplace directly from the POS
Simple user interface
- Customize all buttons on the sale page
- Easily search for products, customers, and sales history
- Track everyone from servers, to chefs
- Understand who is getting better sales
- Simple employee check-in makes payroll management simple
- Track every part of your kitchen stock
- Easily view sales by menu item or category
Custom floor plan
- Easily customize the floor plan display in the POS
- Manage server areas directly through the POS
- Simple interface that’s easy for staff to learn
- Customize the menu layout with colours, categories, and modifiers
- Make ordering quick and easy with the iPad
- Empower your clients to create their own orders
- Cut labor costs
- Improve exactness and efficiency ofthe order process
- Create a unique and modern experience for your customers
Real time reporting
- Track important sales information
- View sales reports based on item, product category, or employee
- Quick and efficient printing of all pertinent reporting
- Easily manage member credit accounts
- Integrates seamlessly with the tee sheet
- Notifications regarding payments
- View bills for restaurant and pro shop all in one place
Manage operations from any device, anywhere
- Enter your purchase orders at the PGA buying show
- Track sales, inventory, and operations from
home or on the road
- Be more in touch with operations at the course
No on site server storage
- Cut costs and storage usage
- No expensive hardware to replace after 5 years
- No installation or software requirements
- Run the system easily from your browser
24/7 customer support
- Get help from start to finish
- Unlimited training sessions available for staff
- Live chat support available 24/7
Constant software updates
- Fresh new features released every month
- We take your suggestions seriously!
- Beautiful email templates for newsletters, promotions, or announcements
- Manage loyalty programs with balances viewable online
- Track opens, clicks, bounces, and unsubscribes
- Know exactly what links are getting clicked
- Integrates directly with POS inventory and sales data
- Compatibility with all versions of quickbooks makes managing accounting activities easy
Property Management Services (PMS)
- Golf courses that are integrated with resort management software will have no problem integrating our POS into their CRM software
Fully open API
- Variety of pricing options available
- Fair barter system available
- No obligation during trial period
Now that you know what the best golf POS looks like
You have a had the chance to get a picture of what the best golf POS on the market looks like, it’s time to evaluate your alternatives and make an important decision. These days, it’s so important for your golf course to be modern, up to date, and ready to serve the young generation while being user friendly enough for older players.
Of course, you know your golf course’s needs better than anyone else but, you need to make sure you have the best information available in order to choose the best option. Book a demonstration of the software we are sure suits your needs best, Chronogolf is offering a no pressure, no commitment opportunity to see our software in action.
Schedule an in person demo today!
Book a demo today and see why our affordable, modern, cloud based golf POS, restaurant POS, tee sheet, and booking solution is the best option for your course.